Lisko & Associates
Free Initial Consultation

Do I Need More Than Minimum Car Insurance?

Most people are looking to save money wherever they can and often they may get the minimum amount of car insurance. In Pennsylvania that is a $15,000 liability limit meaning that your insurance company will pay up to $15,000 if you cause injury to someone else.

If you have a minimum limit and cause a catastrophic injury to another person, that person may be able to reach your personal assets. Therefore, if you hav e assets such as stocks, bonds, savings accounts and can afford it, you may wish to purchase more than the state minimum insurance.

If you have minimum insurance limits and the collision is the fault of the other driver who also has minimum limits you may never be fully compensated for your injury. Since there are many people driving with minimum limits I suggest that a person when buying auto insurance get the highest amount of underinsured or uninsured coverage they can afford. The underinsured and uninsured protection afforded by your policy will help you in case the other driver has only minimum limits or no insurance and no assets.

And finally, if you are hit by a driver who leaves the scene and whose identity is never learned, you can use your insurance to compensate you for the injuries you receive in the collision with the unknown driver.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Let Me Evaluate Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact Wrap Image

Office Location

Lisko & Associates
204 E Calder Way
Suite 304
State College, PA 16801

Phone: 814-753-4413
Fax: 814-237-6679
State College Law Office Map

Phone Numbers