The Law offices of Roy K. Lisko
Criminal Defense and Personal Injury Lawyer
Areas & Topics

Posts tagged "Car Accidents"

6 aspects of a personal injury trial

Many people commonly consider legal action after suffering injuries in a serious accident. If you have found yourself in such a predicament, you may believe that seeking compensation from the individual or individuals considered at fault could suit your circumstances. You may also think that by filing a claim you will end up in a heated trial as you fight for justice, much like many fictional scenes depict.

Do I Need More Than Minimum Car Insurance?

Most people are looking to save money wherever they can and often they may get the minimum amount of car insurance. In Pennsylvania that is a $15,000 liability limit meaning that your insurance company will pay up to $15,000 if you cause injury to someone else.

Driving In the Snow

Although winter is almost over in most of Pennsylvania, there are certainly snow dates ahead. If you will be driving in snowy conditions here are some things to consider.

A rise in car accidents

According to the National Safety Council, there was a 14% increase in fatal motor vehicle accidents in the first half of 2015. Contributing to the rise in collisions was the low price of gas, bad weather, and an increase in economic activity, which translates to more drivers on the road.

Tractor trailer accidents

If you are injured by a tractor trailer, the owner of the company in question will have a professional on their side. If you are the victim of a tractor trailer accident, you should have a professional on your side--someone who is an experienced personal injury lawyer who has time helping accident victims.

What is uninsured and underinsured motor insurance?

When you purchase or renew your motor vehicle insurance you are given the option of purchasing uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance. These insurance options protect you even if you or your family is in a collision with another driver who has no insurance or very limited insurance. You can only consider yourself fully protected if you have both the full tort policy with uninsured/underinsured motorist protection.

Car accidents: Do I need full tort motor vehicle accident insurance?

You only full coverage with your insurance company if you have a full tort policy. A full tort policy gives you the right to make a claim for pain an suffering. You do not need to file a lawsuit to make that claim.

Full coverage for car accidents

There are two important insurance coverage you need before you can be considered well protected in a motor vehicle collision. One is full tort coverage and the other is uninsured/underinsured motorist protection.


The Law Offices of Roy K. Lisko
204 E Calder Way
Suite 304
State College, PA 16801

Phone: 814-237-6673
Map & Directions

Review Us